These Sellers Already Have Buyers Under Contract.
WE CAN SELL YOUR HOME!
Staging Your Home To Sell
You love your home, but will anyone else?
It’s a common question homeowners ask themselves when putting their home on the market. Here are a few tips and ideas to make your home more appealing to potential buyers. In most cases, sellers must live in their home while showing it — a tricky and often frustrating situation. Keeping the buyer’s eyes on features of the home and not on the seller’s personal possessions or lifestyles is the key.
|Tips for Inside
||Tips for Outside
|A Note About Showings and Safety —
Most agents will escort buyers through your home as they show the property and ensure that nothing is disturbed. However, for your own safety you should check window and door locks regularly, especially after open-house showings. Sometimes thieves pose as buyers to case houses and leave latches unlocked so they can return later. Please be safe.
A Checklist for Preparing the Home for Inspection
• Be prepared with any documentation or repair records for additions and improvements.
• All interior areas should be accessible
• The electrical panel needs to be accessible to the inspector.
• To prevent any water damage, fix or let the inspector know about any leaks prior to inspection.
Heating & Air Conditioning
• Install a clean air filter & vacuum all vents and returns.
Fireplace & Chimney
• Consider having the fireplace and chimney cleaned by a chimney-sweep before the inspection, especially if it has been awhile since it was last cleaned.
• It is best to remove pets from the home during inspection both for the sake of the inspector and the protection of the pet. Doors and gates can often be left open which could lead to a lost pet, especially with strangers in the home. Garages & backyards are not good alternatives.
© 2017 Houston Realtors Information Service, Inc. Information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.